"... She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs; But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears ..."
W.B. YEATS

Saturday 22 October 2011

Autumn Light

Autumn is definitely here. You can smell it in the sharpness of the late afternoon air.
Nothing compares to October afternoons when the sun starts to dip, shedding a radiant golden light across the garden.
The shadows lengthen
and the earthy browns turn to bronze and gold.
In the garden shop the colours of the gourds and tomatoes take on a luminous light
and outside on the tables the pinks, golds and purples of the floral china appear in startling clarity.
After a wander around the garden I return inside. I have the best of both worlds; the sunshine streaming on to the slate floor at my feet and the wood burning stove warming my back.
Plus time for tea and chat.
Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment