"... She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs; But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears ..."
W.B. YEATS

Monday 18 April 2011

Hats & Herbs

I first meet Aggie when she is collecting herbs for today's lunch. Aggie has just joined Pythouse to cook alongside head chef, Matt. She tells me she is happy cooking most things but has a particular passion for Vegetarian cookery. "I just LOVE vegetables!"
Well, I would say she is in the right place.
In just a week I can see a huge difference in the garden.
The shades of green are richer and more limey and the budding espalier apple trees make the garden look like it has been dressed in apple blossom bunting.
The strawberry beds are beginning to fill out,
and the broad beans are flashing their black-eyed flowers.
In the borders nearby there are citrus coloured wall flowers and frilly plum tulips.
It is a day for hats, cold white wine,
and lunch in the orchard with friends
What to choose? Duck liver Parfait and Rhubarb and Ginger Chutney?
or Fennel Salami & Pesto Bruschetta?
Why not half each?
Followed by a walk around the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment