"... She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs; But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears ..."
W.B. YEATS

Saturday 14 May 2011

Thursday with Friends

It is an evening of long shadows and slanting golden light. I am at Pythouse to meet up with friends for supper. The Potting Shed Cafe is open on Thursday evenings for a 3 course set menu, at £20 a head.
A real bargain.
Before I head inside for supper by the wood burning stove (there is a real nip in the air) I spend some time happily wandering around the garden on my own.
On the dresser opposite the stove there are vases and jugs of flowers recently cut from the herbaceous border.
It is not long before the wine and conversation are flowing.
I am very much hoping that Matt will share some of these recipes with us - there was Carrot and Cumin soup, served with Chive Oil, followed by Confit Duck Leg, Cider Fondant Potato, Cream Cabbage and Sticky Thyme Jus.
Heaven.
And a treat of homemade Treacle Tart and Strawberry Ice Cream.
Thank you Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment