"... She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs; But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears ..."
W.B. YEATS

Monday 26 September 2011

Cider with Rosie ...and Eddie

Or rather, lunch with Merle (Pea & Mint Soup followed by Apple Brownies). It seems at Pythouse they are ready to make the most of their surplus apples.
Whenever I see an apple press I can't help thinking of the Grundies.
(Archer's fans will be with me on this one)
I started listening to the Archers in my twenties when I used to drive home from my job in advertising in Paddington to my flat in Clapham, just around about 7pm each evening. (I wouldn't like you to think I was working that hard, it was just in the 80s you always went to the pub after work for a drink before heading home - think Mad Men with shoulder pads and a lot less style!)
I found the Archers became addictive - maybe a complete antidote to the craziness of the advertising industry I worked in.
But whatever it was it stuck - despite the raised eyebrows of my children and friends.
(And hasn't Joe Grundy done well since then - 90 not out! )

No comments:

Post a Comment