"... She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs; But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears ..."
W.B. YEATS

Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Vicar and The Labradoodle

I am in the garden with my friend, Reverend Anne, and her Labradoodle (such a great name). The garden welcomes well behaved dogs (and children) and leaves a bowl of water out for them - the dogs that is.
Anne last visited Pythouse in January, when she joined us for a lunch in the garden's Potting Shed to celebrate our wedding. At that time the snow was just clearing, but now the daffodils and primroses are beginning to brighten the borders and hedgerows. Anne particularly admires some purple potted primulas in a tray by the wall. She, is retired from the church now, but confesses she always loved Advent and Lent as she had to wear purple - "just my colour'!
It is a day for sipping wine in the surprisingly warm spring sunshine.
I am mesmerised by the image of the upside down garden in the wine glass.
I am also mesmerised by the Spiced Dorset Apple Cake and Ice cream that Anne orders with her coffee. It's good to see Vicars enjoy the odd bit of sin too.

No comments:

Post a Comment